If you’re suffering from chronic jaw pain, you may be experiencing temporomandibular joint disorder (TMD). At Dental Solutions of Columbus, we offer gneuromuscular dentistry to treat jaw pain and help our patients live healthy, pain-free lives!
What Causes Jaw Pain?
One of the leading causes of jaw pain is temporomandibular joint disorder, TMD. This disorder occurs when the temporomandibular joints are damaged or malfunctioning. When the joints aren’t functioning at full capacity it can cause major jaw pain, stiffness, and many other uncomfortable symptoms.
Symptoms of TMD
We’ve outlined some of the most common symptoms associated with TMD. If you’re currently dealing with any of the symptoms below, you may be a good candidate for gneuromuscular dental treatment.
- Aching Inside or Around Ears
- Chronic Facial Pain
- Clicking When Opening & Closing Mouth
- Difficulty Chewing
- Frequent Headaches or Migraines
- Tender Jaw
State-of-the-Art Dental Treatments for Jaw Pain
Our skilled dentist, Dr. Sitaram, DDS, FICCMO, OCF, has received advanced training in treating patients with chronic jaw pain. At Dental Solutions of Columbus, we offer a variety of treatments to help you get back to enjoying a pain-free smile.
- TENS Treatment: For TMD therapy, Dr. Sitaram provides TENS treatments which stands for Transcutaneous Electrical Neural Stimulation. This advanced treatment uses electrical signals and pulses to retrain the jaw muscles to assume their optimal position.
- Custom Orthotic Appliances: Dr. Sitaram creates custom orthotic appliances to reposition the jaw and relieve pressure from the temporomandibular joints.
- PRP TMJ Treatment: Platelet Rich Plasma injections (PRP) are a revolutionary TMD treatment. These injections stimulate cartilage growth and accelerate tissue repair to alleviate TMD symptoms.
Schedule Your Dental Consultation
If you’re suffering from jaw pain, we recommend booking an in-person consultation. Our skilled team can help assess your dental needs and create a customized gneuromuscular treatment plan to get your oral health back on track! Contact us today!
Contact us to learn more about the services we provide! We look forward to hearing from you!