GET BACK TO ENJOYING A HEALTHY SMILE
Root Canal Therapy in Columbus, IN
We understand that root canal therapy may sound intimidating. However, it’s actually nothing to fear. It’s a common, easy procedure that allows us to eliminate tooth pain and preserve our patients’ natural teeth. Whether you’re in need of a root canal due to dental trauma or chronic decay, our team can help you get back to a healthy, fully functioning smile in no time!
Reasons You May Need a Root Canal
If you have a tooth that is severely damaged or infected from dental trauma or decay, a root canal can alleviate tooth pain while simultaneously preserving your natural tooth. Common symptoms that may indicate the need for a root canal include:
- Abscess (bump) on gums
- Sharp pain when chewing or biting down
- Sudden tooth discoloration
- Swollen and tender gums
- Throbbing or persistent tooth pain
Benefits of Root Canal Therapy
Thanks to advancements in dentistry and modern techniques, root canal treatment is easier, more effective, and more comfortable than ever before. There are many reasons why root canals are a great option for restoring a tooth’s health and function, such as:
- Almost-Instant Pain Relief: Oftentimes, patients that need a root canal are battling chronic pain from the inflamed pulp inside of the tooth. Many patients report feeling instantaneous relief after the root canal is complete.
- Efficient & Cost Effective: Root canal therapy is generally more cost effective than an extraction because it doesn’t require any follow-up treatments such as tooth replacement procedures.
- Preserves Natural Teeth: If possible, we always want our patients to be able to keep their natural teeth. Root canal treatment helps patients maintain their natural smile and avoid the need for a tooth extraction that usually requires supplemental dental work.